This policy applies to the website www.straightshooting.com.au.
This statement is designed to tell you as much as possible about how Straight Shooting uses and manages personal information provided to, or collected by Straight Shooting.
Straight Shooting is bound by and supports the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988. As a media organisation, Straight Shooting commits to the standards set out in the Media Organisation Privacy Standards.
What personal information does Straight Shooting collect, and how is it used?
Straight Shooting collects information directly from you so so you can subscribe to newsletters and alerts, advertise with us, by a product from Straight Shooting, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or event, offer your own services (such articles and photos), or communicate with Straight Shooting.
Sometimes Straight Shooting may be provided with personal information about an individual from a third party, such as when the third party is is signing up subscribers or running a competition in conjunction with us.
In general, the type of personal information Straight Shooting collects and holds could include (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, and gender.
How Straight Shooting uses Personal Information
Straight Shooting uses personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose.
In general, Straight Shooting uses personal information to:
- provide a newsletter and/or alerts to readers about new articles on the website;
- provide other products or services which are requested from Straight Shooting, including advertising services;
- to help Straight Shooting manage and enhance its products and services;
- to communicate with readers;
- to provide people with ongoing information about Straight Shooting’s products and services in which they may have an interest;
- unless requested not to, Straight Shooting may provide your personal information to third parties which may in turn provide your information to other third parties for marketing purposes. This will typically only occur in relation to specific promotions, and our intention to share your information will be made clear.
In many cases where Straight Shooting asks you to provide Straight Shooting with information about yourself, if you do not provide Straight Shooting with that information Straight Shooting will not be able to provide you with the relevant product or service.
Links to Third Party Websites from the Straight Shooting website
Straight Shooting operates a number of websites relating to its products and services and general business. To the extent that Straight Shooting Websites contain links to sites operated by third parties and not related to Straight Shooting products, services or events (“Linked Websites”), the Linked Websites are not controlled by Straight Shooting and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those companies. Before disclosing your personal information to Linked Websites, we advise you to examine their privacy polices.
Ordering Third Party product
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to provide the functionality you require when visiting Straight Shooting and to personalise your internet experience.
To whom might Straight Shooting disclose Personal Information?
Straight Shooting may disclose personal information it collects about you to a related company. The company to which information is disclosed is bound to use it for the same purpose as the information was collected, unless otherwise permitted by law.
Straight Shooting may provide your information to:
- organisations who are sponsoring or otherwise involved with or participating in a promotion, competition or survey;
- other companies or individuals Straight Shooting engages to perform functions on behalf of Straight Shooting, such as emailing newsletters, processing credit card information, mailing of information or prizes, data analysis, telemarketing, research, and advertising;
- anyone you authorise Straight Shooting to disclose information to.
- Straight Shooting may decide to buy or sell assets which form part of or relate to its business. In any such transaction, personal information will usually be one of the transferred assets and will be disclosed to the purchaser.
Straight Shooting does not collect sensitive personal information. If you opt provide Straight Shooting with sensitive information, it will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or use or disclosure of this information is allowed by law.
Management and security of personal information
Straight Shooting managers and secures personal information in accordance with this policy and the Privacy Act.
Updating Personal Information
Contact Straight Shooting (see below) as soon as possible to update any personal information held about you.
As per the Australian Privacy Principles, Straight Shooting does not store personal information longer than necessary.
You have the right to check what Personal Information Straight Shooting holds about you
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to obtain access to any personal information that Straight Shooting holds about you and to advise Straight Shooting of any perceived inaccuracy. There are some exceptions to this right set out in the Act.
To request access any information Straight Shooting holds about you, please contact Straight Shooting. Straight Shooting will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. If the information sought is extensive, Straight Shooting may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying your application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested; the fee will be advised before the request is processed.
How to contact Straight Shooting
Any questions regarding this statement, requests or complaints regarding privacy should be sent to Straight Shooting by email (email@example.com) or mail to PO Box 5028, Kenmore East, Queensland 4069.